Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The hardest part is getting started.

About 1 1/2 years ago, I decided that I wanted a better quality of life.  I wanted to lose weight, get fit and have energy, and concentrate on the things I thought were important in my life.  I knew this would be a new lifestyle for me.  The one I was living wasn't exactly the one I would desire for others.  I am very thrifty (which will also be a large part of this blog)  so joining a gym or a weight loss program was out of the question.  I needed to do this myself and on my terms if this was going to truly be a lifestyle change. I sat down and thought about it and came up with some very simple ideas to get me started. 


  • Wean myself off of processed foods
  • Start moving even if it meant just 5 minutes more a day.
  • Step out of my box and be open to various types of exercise - I refused to try to spot exercise.  My goal was to get fit overall.  Mind Body and Soul
  • Tracking the cost of of my life style change and the effects on my family
  • Find and utilize resources out there just waiting for me to tap them
  • Utilize the wii fit we just recieved 
  • Graph my weight daily but not to obsess with it.  Losing fast is not the objective.  I have all the time in the world.  A life style change is what I am aiming for.
  • Look at my changes and successes in small pieces, like building blocks over time.  Continually find new blocks to add to my stash.
  • Continue to log expenses but in a more in depth way to get a true baseline on where I am in this category. 
  • Set some goals with rewards which are meaningful and supportive of my new life style
  • Start journaling  (I have several journals going at the same time)
  • Figure out how to add this time into my already daily routine successfully
  • Look at the excess in my life and try to streamline it.  Toss it, give it away and figure out what is truly important.
  • Find joy in the process

No comments:

Post a Comment